Online Demo - Track Mac Printing
To manage and track mac printing, the mac computer must print to the shared printer on any Windows computer. If there is not shared printer on Windows computer, you can share the printer on the Windows computer that has CZ Print Job Tracker installed.
To set up the PC, share the
printer on the network and then connect to the printer
from the MAC, follow the steps below for the PC and the
First, Enable the LDP Print Service using the following steps:
1. Click Start, and click Control panel
2. Click Programs and then click Programs and Features
3. Click Turn Windows Features on or off
4. Click to expand Print and Document Services
5. Check the box for LDP Print Services
6. Click OK and close the Programs and Features window
1. Click Start, type Devices and Printers in the Search text box
2. Click Devices and Printers from the list above
3. Right-click on the printer to be shared and click Printer properties
4. Click the Sharing tab and click Change Sharing Options
5. Check the box to Share this printer
Set the name for the share
7. Click OK and then close the Properties and Devices and Printers windows
1. Go to Start Applications then Utilities and then Printer Setup Utility
2. Hold down the Option key and click the More Printers button
From the top menu select Advanced
4. From the Device: field select LPD/LPR Host or Printer
5. In the Device URL: type lpd://PCName/PrinterShareName
Click the Add button
If you just want to track the mac printing, CZ Print Job Agent for Mac is not required. Skip the following Step 3.
Step 3. CZ Print Job Agent for Mac provides the following additional features:
1. Allows users to confirm or cancel the print jobs in the print notification popup before the print jobs actually print.
2. Allows users to enter user ID and (or) PIN before the print jobs can be actually printed.
3. Allows users to enter or select a client billing code / job code / project code before the print jobs can be actually printed.
1. Open tracker_ip.ini, enter the computer name or the IP address of computer that has CZ Print Job Tracker installed.
2. Copy CZPrintJobAgent.app.tar and tracker_ip.ini to Mac computer.
3. Double click CZPrintJobAgent to run it. If it doesn’t run, try a different agent.
4. You can make agent run automatically when Mac machine starts up:
Step 1: Find the CZPrintJobAgent application icon and click on it.
Step 2: Click on the File menu and select Make Alias. Drag the alias to the desktop where you can get at it.
Step 3: Double-click to open the System Folder and locate the Startup Items folder.
Step 4: Drop the alias into the Startup Items folder. The next time you start up your Mac, the application will launch.
Go into the system preferences - accounts - login items, you can adjust what programs load and don't load at sign in.