Online Demo - Print Release Station - Secure Printing
CZ Print Job Tracker 12 has optional add-on Print Release Station that can pause the print jobs for secure printing. When users print from their computers, the print job is paused by Print Release Station. If Print Release Station is installed on an administrator's computer, the administrator can approve the print job. If Print Release Station is installed on a computer next to the printers, the users can enter pin and print from that computer, then take the document right away.
It provides you easy print control and has admin mode and user mode.
* The print jobs can be released in admin mode by a "super user".
* The print jobs can be released in user mode without entering the user's identity or password.
* The print jobs can be released in user mode by entering Windows Active Directory account and password.
* The print jobs can be released in user mode by entering Account and PIN defined in CZ Print Job Tracker Preference --> Users / Groups.
* The print jobs can be released in user mode after user makes payment. The self-support payment collection by coins, cards, bill self-service systems are most suitable.
This addon provides additional print management solution for libraries / schools / colleges / universities / cyber cafe / office where print jobs hold and release is centralized.
In this demo, CZ Print Job Tracker is installed on one computer with computer name: server1.
Step 1. Follow the instructions in Online Demos -- Users Send Print Jobs to the Shared Printers on Windows / Unix / Linux Print Server how to setup the printers. If you have already done that, skip this step.
Step 2. In Preferences --> Advanced, select the following option and click Printer button to add printers.
Step 3. Install this addon on a computer that can be used as Print Release Station.
Step 4. On the Print Release Station, choose Start -> Printers and Faxes (or Devices and Printers). click Add a printer to add the network printers.
Step 5. Click Start -> All Programs -> CZ Solution -> CZ Print Release Station to run it first time. If Preferences window doesn't appear, click menu Print Jobs -> Preferences.
Step 6. In Preferences, enter the computer name of CZ Print Job Tracker, click Connect, then click Get Settings to get printer information (Printer Name, Base Cost, Duplex % and Color %) from the CZ Print Job Tracker.
Step 7. Send a print job from a client computer. The print job will be hold in Print Release Station -> Waiting Jobs.
It has Admin Mode and User Mode. To switch to user mode, click menu Print Jobs -> Switch to user mode.