Online Demo - Print Job Web Access
The installation of CZ Web User 1.0 will create an intranet website within your network that allows admin to view all print jobs, add / delete a user or update user account information (print quota, PIN, group, user status) through a web browser. It also allows users to view and export their printing history, check the amount of money in their printing accounts or change their pin through a web browser.
CZ Web User 1.0 - User Guide (To download, right click link and choose "Save Target As")
CZ Print Job Tracker must be configured to use MS SQL database in Preferences -> Print Jobs -> Database. MS Access database is not supported by CZ Web User 1.0.
If you don't use a SQL server in your environment, you can download and install the free edition of SQL Server Express 2008 from Microsoft website. Please see 2. Installation Instructions - Step 2 Install SQL Server (or free SQL Express Edition) and Online Demo -- MS Access / SQL Server .
Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features and, on the left menu, click Turn Windows features on or off.
For Windows 2008 server, Add Web Server Role if needed, and click on it to configure.
Select all Web Server role service required for ASP.NET application hosting as on the screenshot below. Please pay special attention to the "Application Development" and "Management Tools" sections.
Windows 2008 server screenshot
Windows 7 Screenshot
Option 2: CZ Web User 1.0 will be installed on Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows 2003
Go to Settings -> Control Panel ->Add or Remove Programs -> Add/Remove Windows Components. Select "Internet Information Services", and select required components
In Windows 2000 Server IIS is installed by default as part of the operating system.
Windows XP screenshot
Windows 2003 screenshot
Enable HTTP access through Windows Firewall so that other machines can access it
If you have a software firewall installed on your server, you will need to add exceptions for the World Wide Web Services (HTTP). If you are using Windows Firewall, do the following:
1. In Control Panel, open the Windows Firewall applet.
2. Click "Allow a program through Windows Firewall".
3. Scroll the bottom of the list and look for World Wide Web Services (HTTP) and enable it on your networks.
We use SQL Server Express 2008 as example.
1. Download SQL Server 2008 Express
First, you will need to download SQL Server 2008 Express with management tools from http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9394725
2. Install SQL Server 2008 Express
3. Enable TCP/IP
Now that SQL 2008 Express is installed, we need to configure the Network options that are disabled by default.
4. Add Firewall Exceptions
If you have a software firewall installed on your server, you will need to add exceptions for the SQL Server and SQL Browser services. If you are using Windows Firewall, do the following:
If you are using a third-party software firewall, you will need to follow their instructions to add exceptions to sqlservr.exe and sqlbrowser.exe.
5. Restart the Services or Reboot the Server
When you have completed all of these steps, you will need to restart the SQL Server and SQL Browser services to complete the process. If you still have problems, you may need to restart your server.
1. Double click setup.exe (or CZ Web User.msi) to install CZ Web User 1.0.
2. After installation completes, go to inetpub folder (for example c:\ inetpub \ wwwroot \ czprint \app_data, right click ASPNETDB, select Properties -> Security, Add user “ASPNET” full control permission. Repeat this for aspnetdb_log.
3. Click Windows Start -> Run, type inetmgr .
4. Configure the connection string and web site title.
There are two connection strings:
The LocalSqlServer connection string is to attach the aspnetdb.mdf in app_data folder (for example: c:\ inetpub \ wwwroot \ czprint \app_data\aspnetdb.mdf) to the local SQL server express (or SQL server) we installed on this computer in above step 2 Install SQL Server (or free SQL Server Express Edition). The SQLEXPRESS can be replaced with your SQL instance name if it has a different name.
For SQL Express Server:
LocalSqlServer: data source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|aspnetdb.mdf;User Instance=True
For SQL server:
LocalSqlServer: data source=.\;Integrated Security=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|aspnetdb.mdf
The PrintSaverConnectionString is to connect to a local or remote SQL Server Express (or SQL Server). It is the same connection string for CZ Print Job Tracker to connect to the SQL database at 1. Prerequisites. “YourSQLServerName”, "SQLEXPRESS", “UserName” and “Password” can to be replaced with the connection string in CZ Print Job Tracker.
For SQL Express Server:
PrintSaverConnectionString: Data Source=YourSQLServerName\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=PrintSaver;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=UserName;Password=Password
For SQL server:
PrintSaverConnectionString: Data Source=YourSQLServerName;Initial Catalog=PrintSaver;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=UserName;Password=Password
The WebUserTitle is the head title in each web page. You can change it to any name you like.
Windows Vista, Windows8, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 screenshot
Additional configuration may be required for IIS on Windows Vista, Windows8, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008
In Step 2 Install SQL Server (or free SQL Express Edition), we selected “Local System” account to run SQL Server Database Engine. If the identity “LocalSystem” is not selected for DefaultAppPool, you may get the error “Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection will be closed.” in Step 4 Test CZ Web User 1.0.
You may also use “Network Service” for both SQL Server Database Engine and DefaultAppPool.
1. In CZ Print Job Tracker Preferences -> Users / Groups, click “Edit Group”, add a new group “Administrators” and exit. Click “Add” button to create two users: test1 with password 1111 and test2 with password 2222. test1 is in ‘Administrators’ group and test2 is in ‘Print Users’.
2. On the computer that has CZ Web User 1.0 installed, open the web browser, type http://localhost/czprint , then type test1 and password 1111 to login.
test1 in “administrators” group can see all print jobs and all users. The user in other groups can see only that user’s print job and account information.
3. Click Logout link, then type test2 and password 2222 to login. test2 in “Print Users” group can see only test2’s print job and user information.
4. On the other computer, open the web browser, type http://servername/czprint where servername is the name of computer that has CZ Web User 1.0 installed. If the server name doesn’t work, try the IP Address of the computer that has CZ Web User 1.0 installed. In this example, the servername is webserver.
1. Failed to access IIS metabase.
a. Download http://www.czsolution.com/download/Metaacl.vbs
b. Copy the Metaacl.vbs file to the %systemdrive%\Inetpub\Adminscripts directory.
c. Click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click Run to open a command prompt.
d. At the prompt, run the following command to change to the Adminscripts directory:
e. Run the command: cscript metaacl.vbs IIS://LOCALHOST/W3SVC ASPNET R
2. Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection will be closed.
Try use the same account (for example networkservice or localsystem) for SQL Server Database Engine and IIS Application Pool.
3. Can't access a website / Network Timeout
To configure IIS on the server so that other machines can access it through web browser, enable http access through Windows Firewall on your server:
In Control Panel, open the Windows Firewall applet, click "Allow a program through Windows Firewall", scroll the bottom of the list and look for World Wide Web Services (HTTP) and enable it on your networks.
4. Failed to update database "C:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\CZPRINT\APP_DATA \ASPNETDB.MDF" because the database is read-only.
Go to inetpub folder (for example c:\inetpub\wwwroot\czprint\app_data, right click ASPNETDB, select Properties -> Security, Add user “ASPNET” full control permission. Repeat this for aspnetdb_log. See screenshot. Make sure your virtual directory is running ASP.NET v2.0.50727.
If default application pool use identity 'network service", then add user “NetworkService” full control permission for both ASPNET.MDF and aspnetdb_log.ldf.
5. SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified
If this happens for connection string “localsqlserver” to attach ASPNETDB.MDF, make sure to install SQL Server Express on the computer that has CZ Web User 1.0 installed.
1) Make sure your server name is correct.
2) Make sure your instance name (For example: SQLEXPRESS) is correct and there is actually such an instance on your target machine.
3) Make sure the server machine is reachable, e.g, DNS can be resolve correctly, you are able to ping the server. If not, try server IP.
4) Make sure SQL Browser service is running on the server.
5) If firewall is enabled on the server, you need to put sqlservr.exe (For example: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.10\ MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe) and sqlbrowser.exe (For example: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlbrowser.exe or C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlbrowser.exe) and/or UDP port 1434 into exception.